Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Work, School and Adoption

I started school again last Wednesday. It is going to be a fantastic semester! I am taking Anatomy and Physiology. Before you comment that I'm crazy for taking these two classes together- I already know! It is going to be a lot of hard work, let there be no mistake about it but I have great professors and my sister and I are taking the classes "together". By together I mean she is also taking the classes at the same school (Salt Lake Community College) but from different professors so we will be able to bounce ideas off each other and study together- at least a little bit.

JD continues to stay busy at work and with the freelance jobs that he works on from home. He is such a hard worker and I appreciate him so much. He is such a wonderful provider and support to me. He is constantly studying new programming languages that will help add depth to his skills and make him more marketable. He plans on returning to school eventually and getting his Master's degree in Computer Science. He likes the program at BYU so it's a good thing we live in Utah County- at it appears we will be for awhile. As of now, it will probably not happen until I am done with my nursing degree or until he finds a job that has tuition reimbursement to help pay for the cost.

And finally...we are thrilled and anxious to be meeting with LDS Family Services on September 7 for an adoption orientation meeting. That's right we are going to adopt. We aren't sure what to expect except that we will get the paperwork to start filling it out. It can take up to a year and more to have a child placed but we are looking forward to the road ahead and the experiences we will have and the opportunity to meet birth mothers and welcoming a baby into our home.

I have the unique opportunity to occasionally take care of birth mothers placing their babies for adoption at the hospital and it never short of extraordinary seeing the love those women have for their babies and what a sacrifice they are making to give those children a better life. I am so grateful that adoption is an option for us and that we will be starting the process soon. So with all of that said we would appreciate your prayers and letting anyone you may know that we want to add to our family through adoption.



Until next time...

No comments:

Post a Comment