Wednesday, April 13, 2011

CD 15

So today was another ultrasound for cycle day 15. I didn't get my hopes up for this ultrasound because I didn't want a big let down when we got to the office and saw what my ovaries have been up to with 5 more days of injections. Apparently I got my hopes up more than I anticipated because I was bawling in the doctor's office during the appointment when we were told that there wasn't much change in the size of the follicles. They need to be at least an 18 and we are at a 9 as of today- after 8 days of injections.
I was assured by the nurse practitioner, AM, that this is a "common" for PCOS patients. She was so nice as I was on the table crying and holding J.D.'s hand after she told us there wasn't much of a change in the size of the follicles. Basically they are going .5 mm per day with injections- not nearly enough. She said that some cycles the ovaries respond well to the injections and other times they are slow to respond and other times they just don't.
The good news is that it appears that I am responding it is just slow. She said it was a good sign that I was able to get one good size follicle with the last IUI that we did. AM told us that we have two options at this point... #1 we can cancel this cycle although she wasn't encouraging that because we have already paid for all of the medications so far and that would be a waste. #2- we can keep going, increase the dosage and be patient while we try to convince my ovaries to participate in our plan to have a family. She said that my lining looks great- which she was very pleased with. She wanted to talk to Dr. F before she told us exactly what to increase our dose to tonight. I got a call this afternoon from their office and I was told that Dr. F said "DON'T GIVE UP!
Soooo...we decided to move forward with the increased injections- so now I am getting 225 iu of bravelle every night instead of 150 iu. Please include us in your prayers.

Until next time...

No comments:

Post a Comment