Friday, April 8, 2011

Injections continue

This morning I went in for an ultrasound for CD 10. I have been doing injections (150 IU of Bravelle) for the past 3 days after taking 5 days of 100 mg of clomid. I was hoping for something great because I have "felt some movement" in my lady business. The nurse practitioner, AM, told me that the follicles on my ovaries weren't close to being big enough. She measured five follicles which were 6.9, 7.1, 7.6, 7.8 & 8.1. They need to be at least measuring a 16 before we can do a trigger shot of HCG and do an IUI. She said she would like to see them bigger by now but with PCOS it is a never a guarantee what is going to happen and it takes patience.

*Seriously wondering why I didn't stand in that line in the pre-existence because I do not have patience for things like this. I guess it's true when you pray for patience you aren't given the attribute but rather an opportunity to be patient. The past eight months has been nothing if not an opportunity to be patient and acquire that attribute.*

So onward we go. We continue on with the injections...150 IU a day for the next 5 days and possibly longer depending on how my body decides to participate in the program. I am scheduled for another ultrasound on April 13- (CD 15).

I am praying and requesting your prayers that things look better then than they did today because I'm not sure I can mentally handle anymore of this. As I type that I can't help but remember that a loving Heavenly Father doesn't give us more than we can handle. I KNOW that is true but I can't help but wonder where my breaking point is going to be and what I need to be learning from this beyond patience.

In other news...I had a job interview at American Fork Hospital in the Mom/Baby unit on Tuesday. The interview went really well. I would still be working for Intermountain just a lot closer to our house. The hospital is less than a mile from our house. I got a call yesterday from the HR department and she said the manager wanted her to check my references and I will likely be getting a job offer on Monday or Tuesday of next week. One of the best parts of the entire interview as at the end, after I had answered all the standard, why should we hire you, what would your manager tell me about you type questions. She told me that she had sent an email to my manager, Jill and asked her if she would recommend me. Jill told her that I was in the top 5 of her best CNA's in the entire float pool. What a nice compliment- it totally made my day.

J.D. just started teaching again at Broadview University in West Jordan last Monday. He really enjoys teaching and I am so grateful for all of his hard work to support our family. He loves what he does and it shows in everything that he does. He continues to apply for jobs with other companies- we know there is going to be a perfect fit one of these days. Don't get me wrong, we are so grateful that he has a stable job now but we found out that he is significantly underpaid for his experience and degree and so we have been looking into other opportunities since we found out.

Until next time...

No comments:

Post a Comment