Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Tough Day

Today was a rough day. I keep getting my hopes up that the next time I visit Dr. H is going to be the magical appointment that he tells me we are moving forward and attempting the IUI we are planning on. I keep planning out in my mind exactly how it is going to happen but each appointment that plan gets changed...I don't like change unless I am in control of it and even then I don't always care for it. I have issues with being patient too and this is seriously testing my patience.
Today I had more blood work done to see if the synthroid is working and the right level for me and a follow up visit with Dr. H. We are going to wait at least one more month before we attempt the IUI and I have to take the high doses of birth control pills (basically high levels of estrogen to regulate my cycle.) In reality it may be several more months after that before we actually try the IUI because he wants to make sure everything is ok and hormone levels are where they need to be. I appreciate him being thorough so we aren't wasting time and/or money unnecessarily.
He also threw me a curve ball today when he said that he wanted to test is my adrenal glands were working right and my cholesterol...just so we have the whole picture. I'm not sure why but all of that took the wind out of my sails. It took a lot of control to get through the appointment and get to the car and call J.D.---then I lost it! I really don't know if I can handle one more system in my body NOT working the way it supposed to BUT I'm glad to know that if there is a problem there are things we can do to fix it and in the end it may actually help us get pregnant.
So much for not letting infertility take over our life! In my searching online today about adrenal glands and infertility I came across this article
http://www.999reasonstolaugh.com/2010/10/707-getting-pregnant-can-be-hard/
that made me literally laugh out loud. Oh man! Someone missed something in 8th grade health class, I think!

I have learned a few things today...
1) I have the best husband in the world!
(I already knew this but how glad am I that I married my best friend and the man that brings so much joy into my heart and soul.)
2) Laughter is the best medicine.
3) An idle mind is the devil's playground...kick him out and get busy doing something! For me the saving grace was chemistry lab. I never thought I would be grateful for chem lab and shifting equations.
4) I love quotes especially inspired words from the General Authorities. Today this one did the trick...
“Patience is not passive resignation, nor is it failing to act because of our fears. Patience means active waiting and enduring. It means staying with something and doing all that we can—working, hoping, and exercising faith; bearing hardship with fortitude, even when the desires of our hearts are delayed. Patience is ...not simply enduring; it is enduring well!”
Dieter F. Uchtdorf

5) When you can no longer stand, kneel! For reals, turning it over to my Savior soothes my soul.

Until next time...

No comments:

Post a Comment