Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Progress

We had another ultrasound this morning. I have been so hesitant to be hopeful but anxious to see what all of these injections are doing. We have some progress which is great news. We have to have a follicle or follicles- but no more than three- that are least 18mm to do the IUI. Today we had one that was a 16.8 and the rest were 12mm or below. Dr. F wants us to do injections today and tomorrow and come back on Thursday to check how the follicles look at that point. Unless something goes crazy we will likely be doing IUI #3 on Friday. I also have to do ovulation predictor kits because we don't want to miss an opportunity with the 16.8 follicle. We are hoping and praying that a couple of the 12mm follicles get the boost they need today and tomorrow so we have at least three follicles for this IUI. It only takes one follicle in reality but I'm not opposed to increasing our odds at this point. While this is good news I am still just as hesitant to be hopeful about all of this after it didn't work with #1 and the miscarriage with #2. I hope that old saying of third times the charm works for us this time but I'm not counting on anything at this point.
On a different/similar note...I got out my patriarchal blessing the other day and read it through. I also read JD's again. We have both been promised we will have children which brings me some peace. I don't know that I will bear those children in my womb but I do know that we will be blessed with children in our home. We have beautiful promises that relate to our children and the other night I needed to be reminded of those promises. Reading through my blessing again also helped to remind me of the responsibilities I have to receive those blessings. It was so nice to feel that peace and have those reminders.

Until next time...

No comments:

Post a Comment