Thursday, June 23, 2011

On the go

This seems to be the theme of this week. JD and I just simply run by each other as one if coming from work and the other is going to. I am headed into night four of a four day work week and I'm not sad to see it end. JD has been teaching again at Broadview University in West Jordan this semester and his last class was on Monday. I'm not sad to see that end either because now he will be home on Monday nights with me.
I should be sleeping right now but my brain won't shut down. When I come home from work and have some things that I need to get done it takes me longer to finally get to sleep. This morning when I got home from work I made a cake for our "team day" dinner at work tonight and baked some chicken and made chicken salad. I am excited to eat both of them...yumm-o!
JD's company party is today. He is golfing with the couple we have played with the past two years and another guy he works with. I'm sad I'm missing the free golf day but sleep is much more important. I am missing the picnic/dinner that DHI hosts tonight too because of work but I am never very comfortable there anyway. I had to convince JD before he left for work that he needed to go even though we wouldn't see each other until the next morning and I think he is going to bring me a surprise to work tonight anyway so we can say hello and good night all in the same breath.
Oh how I love that man and his kind heart and unending love for a sometimes cranky wife like me. I love my job and the people I work with and the babies I get to cuddle while I'm there but one of the biggest benefits is how close we live to the hospital so JD can just swing by when he wants to at night (always around 9 pm after my first rounds are done and he is willing to just hang out if he needs to while I wrap things up with patients) so we can say good night to each other. He has come to the hospital everyday this week...I think the ladies I work with might be a little bit jealous that my handsome hubby can and does come by to see me...I love that he does and realize just how lucky I am.
I knew this would do the trick...I'm getting droopy eyed and ready for some sleep...but only until 4 pm so I can finish the cake and maybe go pick up some new scrubs for work.

Until next time...

PS I'm considering attending one of the "private" schools that are in abundance here in Utah for nursing school. I could be done in 5 semesters or less because of the classes I have done already- the one hold up is the cost of tuition...OUCH!! but I would more than double my salary once I'm a RN. Things I'm pondering right now...

No comments:

Post a Comment