Monday, May 2, 2011

Little Miracles

We welcomed nephew #6 to the family on Friday, April 29. Baby T arrived 7 weeks before his due date. (I guess he must have heard from his big brother just how awesome Aunt Missy is and couldn't wait to get here. :) I'm not putting any vital statistics or his name because that is my sister and her husband's place to share that information not mine and they value privacy and I respect that.
I went up Friday morning to help watch their son and do what I could to help them around the house. It was a fun weekend with Aunt Miss and big brother R and the grandparents. My mom was here and my dad and stepmom. My brother and his family came down on Sunday too and JD came up to visit. I love that in times like this my family rallies together to help each other out. I feel tremendously blessed to have the family I do. We may be crazy and get frustrated with each other sometimes but we are right there ready and waiting if ever there is a need. I am a lucky girl.

The good news is that little T is doing well. He is off oxygen and breathing well. He is gaining weight and eats like a champ(through a feeding tube in his nose- all really important things for a baby in the NICU. I have been able to touch him and kiss his sweet little head several times but we will sure be glad when he can be home with mom, dad and big brother, R and then I can love on him a little bit more. I'm so glad I got to spend time with big brother R and go to the "Diasoar Pawk" (Dinosaur Park) and see his eyes light up with excitement as he runs around. He is such a good boy and knows what he wants and what he doesn't and will tell you- still hard to believe he isn't even two yet.
I have been so impressed with my sister and her husband as they have made their way through this trial. Trying to find a balance between taking care of big brother R and bonding with little T is rough. They live really close to the hospital and luckily have some good friends that have stepped up and offered to help whenever possible. I was there to hear a conversation the other day when they were recognizing the tender mercies from God. One of their good friends is a NICU nurse where little T is and she has been able to answer questions for them and was even little T's nurse yesterday. No we just wait and pray this little angel gets to come home sooner rather than later.

Until next time...

No comments:

Post a Comment