Monday, January 24, 2011

My J.D.

Self portrait at Grandma Sullivan's "90th" Birthday party


With our two youngest nephews during what I call "Sullivan Family Fun weekend" 2010

If was to give advice to any girl looking for a husband I would tell her to find someone like my J.D. He is a man with the kindest heart and forgiving and understanding spirit and a big softy with his wife (except when I need to be called on something I shouldn't be doing- which I appreciate) and my rock when life is tough.
This past weekend had been a rough and tough one. I have mostly been myself but also feel like I have been walking around in a haze that I can't shake. If I would think too much about grandma and the memories I have that involve her and I would start to cry- this wonderful husband of mine is always right there holding my hand and my heart exactly when I needed it. He lets me have my space to mourn the lost of grandma and burst out in anger/frustration (because sometimes that is what works best for me) and gently tells me everything is going to be ok. He prays for my comfort to get through this week and for success in all that I do.
I told him on Saturday that I wanted to buy a new dress for grandma's funeral and he didn't object for one second, in fact, he encouraged me to. He reminded me that I haven't bought a new dress since I bought my wedding dress- two years ago. What woman wouldn't love that kind of support and encouragement!
He is a softy but he is a tough guy too. We start FSH injections tomorrow and he is going to be brave and give me the shots. I told him I was sure I could find a nurse at work that would do it for me if he didn't want to but he is going to man up and do it...what a great guy. His wife the future nurse gets nervous about giving a shot to herself.
I am so blessed- beyond measure! I always day dreamed about what my life would be like when I was married and this is so much better than I imagined. I am so grateful for the rock in my life that is my husband.


No comments:

Post a Comment