Tuesday, July 14, 2009

What we've been up to...

These pictures are a little bit dated but I wanted to post them and show you some of the fun things we have done together since we got married...besides going to work and school.

Well our computer is being slow so after going through the pictures I will just tell you and have to upload the pictures later...or make a slide show if I can figure out how to make that happen.

Anyway, for JD's birthday, April 15 I took him to a Jazz game on the weekend before his birthday. It was so much fun. I splurged and got nicer seats than we could typically afford but it was worth it. My hubby is a Jazz fan so we got him a new hat at the game too. We had a lot of fun even though the Jazz lost the game.

Easter was somewhere in the mix off all of this and we had our first holiday meal together since we got married. Ham, funeral potatoes, asparagus, deviled eggs and some kind of jello salad. We had enough food we could have fed our entire apartment building but instead we had yummy leftovers for a few days.


Thanksgiving Point Tulip Festival...BEAUTIFUL! We had so much fun walking around the gardens at Thanksgiving Point. I have played golf there on several occasions and had driven past the gardens and always wanted to go and see the whole thing. It was $10 per person to get in but in my opinion well worth the money. We got there later in the day so the vendors they have set up were leaving when we got to them but the walk around and the beautiful scenery is why we went. I think that will become a yearly tradition.

For my birthday, JD surprised me with a night at the Anniversary Inn in Salt Lake City and dinner at our favorite restaurant Biaggi's at the Gateway. Yumm-o food and a serious getaway right in the middle of Salt Lake City. We will be making trips back there too. If you have never stayed at one I would recommend it.

JD and I met Tiffany and Ryan and a couple that they know at Hogle Zoo one very sunny Saturday afternoon and wandered around the zoo for several hours. Bless Tiff's heart she was nearing due date time with her sweet babe and I think she was hoping the walking around would help start labor. Unfortunately it didn't but we had a good time. I hadn't been to the zoo since I was about 10 or 11 and they just opened the Madagascar exhibit. They had a cockroach you could touch. I did it but it made my skin crawl for the next little bit..YUCK! I don't know how people handle living around those yucky creatures.

After the zoo, JD and I decided to drive up through Park City and through Provo Canyon to get home. I had applied for a job at Spa in Park City and we wanted to clock it to see how long it would take me to drive to and from work if I got the job. Anyway, we drove to Kimball Junction then up into Park City then drove past Jordanelle Reservoir and Heber City. Just past Heber we saw another reservoir and some parasurfers (I guess that is what they would be called) on the water. It was amazing to watch them. They can sure catch some air with those things. (PS I didn't get the job but it has actually worked out for the best.)

Ryan and Tiffany welcomed their beautiful little boy Rosten into the world. He is just a perfect addition to their family and Tiffany and Ryan are such cute parents. That little guy is definitely not lacking in love and affection from his mommy and daddy... or anyone else in the family for that matter. I love going to visit them and just holding that little angel...oh how blessed we are to have him in our family. Way to go Tiffany and Ryan!

When JD and I went for our drive through Park City we came across some picnic and park areas that we wanted to come back and visit so one Sunday after church we packed up some charcoal, burgers and such and headed up to enjoy the beautiful mountains near our house. It was so nice to get away from the noise of the city (even though Pleasant Grove isn't too bad, I love to hide away in the mountains and so does JD) and enjoy a nice picnic/BBQ. Thanks to my wonderful JD watching everything around us on our way home, we even got to see a moose. On our way home we also drove up to Squaw Peak. It has a beautiful overview of the valley and we enjoyed the drive up there. I would imagine the scene on the 4th of July is incredible but since I didn't really care for the drive (I hate heights and steep drop offs) I don't' know how soon we will go up there again.

In June we went to the open house of the Oquirrh Mountain Temple Open House with a guy that JD works with and his wife. I didn't think to take pictures when we got there and it was light outside so the pictures I have aren't great but they will serve as a memory for us. It really fascinated all of us that from that temple you could see the Draper and Jordan River temple so easily. If there weren't large buildings in the way it would be possible to see the Salt Lake temple too. We are so blessed to be so close to so many temples.

We were also able to enjoy the Pleasant Grove Strawberry Days festivities. We went to the rodeo a couple of nights- seriously some of the best rodeo I've ever seen. Let's not forget the free concert and FREE strawberries and cream they were giving out at the concert. I absolutely love this little town we live in. It is nestled right against the mountains and in the thick of a bunch of cities but you feel like you are away from it all at the same time. We are looking forward to many years celebrating with the city of PG.

I am just two weeks and one day away from finishing the Master Bodyworker classes that I started in May. It has been such an amazing experience going back and learning so much more than I thought possible. We truly did just scratch the surface in the professional program I graduated from in March. I am also working at Massage Envy in Draper and enjoy using the skills I learned in school. I enjoy the people I am able to come in contact with there but look forward to opening a private practice for massage therapy in the coming months. I am also working at Advanced Dental Care in Provo working with patients that have TMJ dysfunctions and migraines.

JD is still enjoying his job at DHI Computing Services and it seems he is busier everyday...thank goodness for job security! He is such a wonderful man and has such a gentle spirit. We are looking forward to him being ordained an Elder in the next few weeks and soon after being able to go to the temple. He is such a good example to me and I look forward to spending the rest of forever with him.

Until next time...

2 comments:

  1. Yay!!! An update! Wheff..I have to say what a marathon you guys have been on! We just went threw Park City-so pretty! Let us know if you get the job!! I can't wait for you and JD to go to the temple! What an exciting time!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Melissa you sound so happy and loving life!! Good for you!! You two have been busy and yet enjoying each other!! that is so good!! FOr us we die for those moments of alone time! With three boys to chase around there is very little alone time!! :) Congrats on becoming an elder and preparing for the temple is a great thing!! Lots of blessings await you two I just know it!!

    ReplyDelete