Thursday, July 30, 2009

Good things and good times

UCMT Masters Class D118MP

Just yesterday I finished massage therapy school...well the Master's massage classes anyway. There is no going back to UCMT now- I've taken all the classes that are offered there. I would love to go back as a teacher's assistant at some point but it doesn't look like that is in the cards at for the next quarter that starts on Monday.

I have to admit the past 10 weeks have been tough. I learned so much that has made me a better therapist. There were classes I struggled with because the principle behind them fought with my beliefs to a certain degree and I didn't like it. It did make me think outside the box a little bit but honestly I'm so glad I don't have to fight that battle anymore. I'm also pleased to announce I got an A in the class even though I didn't like it. I am still waiting for the grade in the last final that I took yesterday afternoon but I'm confident I didn't get less than a B in the class which I am thrilled about.

I was disappointed that I wasn't able to do the Master's classes with my classmates from the Professional massage program I graduated from in March but it actually turned out better because I was able to work with new people. I loved being in a group of people that all love massage therapy and bodywork and weren't just looking for a quick "career" fix to hold them over until something better comes along or maybe just didn't get it. It was so refreshing to be challenged to be better because of my classmates. They challenged me and for that I thank you all.

As previously written I am working at Massage Envy in Draper, UT and Advanced Dental in Provo, UT. I work on patients with TMJ dysfunction at the dental office and it is actually quite amazing to see the different that can be made and the classes I took give me even more tools to help them. I am looking for another job now as well...most likely with a chiropractor doing alignment therapy and massage.

I am still planning on continuing my education and pursue a degree in nursing. I have to take a CNA class first and that should happen the middle of August and I will likely give up a massage job to make it possible to work as a CNA and get experience there. (You have to do all you can to get accepted into nursing school.) I will also start classes at UVU in the fall...it got pushed back by a semester because of the master's classes I just finished but that's ok- it's all part of the big picture and goal I have in mind.

Last weekend, JD and I went to my dad's place in North Fork, ID for a semi- family reunion. My Uncle David and Aunt Katie and all of their kids came up, even Andy who now lives in Baltimore, as well as Lisa's son, Cody and his girlfriend Kylie. We had so much fun floating the Salmon River and just sitting around laughing and eating yummy food. Dad got some amazing steaks from Pete's in Salmon (if you ever have a chance get them...YUMMO) plus he made his amazing salsa. I love that stuff and can't ever make it like dad does.
Here are a few pictures from the weekend...or not because I don't have the patience to fight with the uploading of them right now. If you want to see them you can take a look at my facebook page.


Overall life is good. JD and I are so happy and doing well. We have been married for 4 months now and it seems like so much has happened since we got married. The biggest and most exciting news is J.D. will be going to the temple to receive his endowments on Saturday. We are so excited that this day is finally here. He was ordained an Elder a couple of weeks ago by our former Branch President, Winston Scoville. I am so proud of J.D. and all that he does to honor his responsibilities and to take care of our family. He is an amazing man and I count my blessings everyday that I get to spend the rest of forever with him.

Until next time...

2 comments:

  1. Yeah! Congrats on finishing! I so could use your magical hands right now!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well next time you are in Utah stop by and I'll put them to work. Are you back from your road tripin' now? Sounds like you had fun!

    ReplyDelete