Sunday, January 4, 2009

Wedding Planning and Dress Finding

The past few days have been all about getting some important wedding planning stuff done. I found a photographer from Salt Lake that will be taking our engagements, bridals and wedding pictures. Luckily, I love his style and he likes programming time more than money (well money is good too he said) and my J.D. is a programmer..CHA-CHING! I felt like I hit the mother load when I saw that on his blog. Scott Jarvie is the photographers name and he is mucho talented! We are meeting with him tomorrow night to discuss engagement photo date, etc.

The coolest part is that getting married on March 28 is turning out to be the best day! The Historic Shelton was available on the 28th of March so we changed from March 21 to fit that because I love the facilities there. Scott was booked on the 21st as well but not the 28th...WOOT!! Oh and I'm being reminded as I type this that my love, J.D. thought that the 28th would be a better day simply because it will give me a week after I graduate from UCMT to wrap up last minute stuff and not be so stressed. He said his main priority in all of this is to make sure I don't get to stressed. Any of you who are reading this and know me are probably praying for the poor guy now... he does a great job making me laugh and that helps tame the crazies faster than anything so we should be good to go.

Finally and I am thrilled to death about this...I FOUND MY WEDDING DRESS! It is so beautiful and for obvious reasons I can't put up a picture but as my sister and one of my BFF's, Brittany said yesterday when I came out with it on "You own that dress!" I love it and I feel like a princess in it. Honestly, when the girl first started helping me with it I thought she had lost her mind but it looks fantastic. Oh yes and a shameless plug for Gowns by Pamela and Sara who is my consultant there...AWESOME! Sara is the best! She listened to me when I said I didn't want all that sparkly junk on my dress. Not too plain but not to frilly...as Goldilocks says..."It's just right!" If you or anyone you know is in search of a dress I highly recommend them. They specialize in rental gowns but you can purchase from them too, which I am doing.

Hooray for finding the person that makes you so happy and being so giddy and in love! Hooray for things working out with the wedding planning! Life is sooooo good!

Until next time...

3 comments:

  1. You are so cute. I can't wait to go back to the Shelton-I bet it's as gorgeous in the Winter as it is in the Summer. (Since it's still Winter here in March) ;)
    I hope everything else goes as smoothly!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay!!!! I am so glad things are working out! Gosh my little sister doesn't even have hers yet....I am going to get her she better get going!
    I am so so glad things are falling into place for you!! Enjoy the ride!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so excited that you found your dress! Guess what? That is where I got my wedding dress too! It is an awesome place!

    ReplyDelete