Monday, January 5, 2009

My J.D.

My friend Tara tagged me and although J.D. and I aren't married yet we are quickly approaching our wedding day. (I can't wait!!) I thought it would be fun for you to read a little bit about this fella that has come to mean the world to me.

1. Where did you meet your husband? Well he isn't quite my husband yet but close enough...lol
We actually met online. A good friend of mine was getting married to a guy she met online and told me I should give it another try. I figured what did I have to lose. I had met my share of shady characters and such but one more try wouldn't kill me. I saw J.D.'s picture and read his profile and thought I would say hello. Funny thing, I had seen his profile before but he lived in St. George and I wasn't about to do a long distance anything so I didn't do anything about it. Interestingly when I moved back to Salt Lake in March he had just been laid off from his job in St George and felt like he should apply for jobs in the Northern Utah but wanted to stay in St. George so he didn't do it. After being laid of 2 more times he FINALLY decided he better apply for jobs in a more stable market for his profession (computer programming) and got up a job in Orem in September. I logged on to the website about 2 weeks after he moved to Pleasant Grove.

2. How long did you date before you got married? I don't remember the day we first exchanged emails and phone numbers but our first face to face meeting was October 5...so today is our 3 month anniversary (yes, I'm that cheesy) and we will be married on March 28, 2009 so 5 1/2 months from when we met...almost 6 months.

3. How long have you been married? That doesn't apply to us just yet.

4. What does he do that surprises you? He sends me text messages throughout the day and listens to me when I mention things I need to do or get even when I don't think he is listening. He also sends me an email every morning that is usually waiting for me when I get to work.

5. What is your favorite feature of his? I love his eyes...they sparkle when he is laughing...it just makes my heart so happy.

6. What is his best quality? He has alot and I discover more everyday. He is so kind and loving towards me and is genuinely interested in the things that are important to me. He encourages me to follow my dreams. I most admire his desire to be a man of God.

7. Does he have a nickname for you? Lissa. Interestingly I have always hated it when anyone called me that...it just seems to fit with him.

8. What is his favorite food? Lasagna

9. What is his favorite sport? Football

10. When and where did you first kiss? At his house on his couch when we were watching a movie.

11. What is your favorite thing to do as a couple? We like to watch movies at home and play games. We both enjoy the arts so I'm sure that will become a large part of our lives too.

12. Do you have any children? Not yet but we hope to some day.

13. Does he have any hidden talents? Not that I'm aware of but I have lots of years to figure them out if he does.

14. How old is he? 31

15. Who said I love you first? I did but he claims that he did.

16. What is his favorite music? He likes the big hair bands from the 80's and country music. I'm not a big fan of the big hair bands so when we are together he listens to country... I sure appreciate it too!

17. What do you admire most about him? He strives to be better today than he was the day before. He is a hard worker and a desire to do well at his job.

18. What is his favorite color? Dark Purple

19. Will he read this? Yes, I know he reads my blog

20. I tag Tiffany, Holly, Kellie and Julie

2 comments:

  1. I am so glad you did this! It makes me happy that your so happy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That was such a sweet tribute to your man! I too am so happy that you are so happy!!
    I just made a post but I am going to do this tag, it will embarrass the heck out of my husband but he loves it secretly, he loves when I write nice stuff about him... who wouldn't!?

    ReplyDelete