Sunday, September 21, 2008

Technically Challenged

Ok I just need to vent for a minute. I am not technically inclined and that is no surprise to anyone that knows me.  I tend to avoid things that I don't understand because I don't want to get frustrated.  Wellllllll...tonight I didn't do that and tried to change the background to my blog...UGH!  I thought I would put something fallish looking on my blog to celebrate the season and well everything is now messed up and I have a boring looking blog.  That however is the least of my problems.
I had to buy a new router yesterday because Tiff and Ryan decided to get internet at their new apartment and needed their router.  That isn't a big deal I just purchased a new one.  Let the challenges begin.  Last night I was on the phone with some techinical support person in Malasia (no I'm not kidding I asked) for over an hour trying to get the new router hooked up.  Now we are having issues with the internet working in the bedrooms of the apartment...UGH!!!  I purchased a more expensive router at the direction of another customer that was standing at the store that said the router I was going to buy wasn't as good even though it looked just like the router that Ryan and Tiff were taking to their apartment and had worked fine for us.  I appreciate the input of other people most of the time but I really wish I would have just purchased the same kind of router that we had because our internet may work now instead of having to be right on top of the router to make it work.  Oh and let me not forget that because I have a MAC I had to pay $10 to have the technical help me get the router set up because Linksys decided not to make a MAC compatible disc for the MAC users of the world.  Needless to say I'm a little more than frustrated with the technology of the world right now especially that that rests in my apartment in Utah.  Tomorrow is a new day and hopefully it will be a better day.

Until next time...

2 comments:

  1. I think we have all had the change-the-blog-background issues. I hope you get it figured out!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I totally know what you mean! I have been there many times I think it so crazy that you have to pay $10 for technical support. I always end up getting so mad over the phone that I get free service!
    ;)

    ReplyDelete