Friday, September 19, 2008

Money Matters

Hello!  My name is Melissa and I'm a blog stalker!  I admit it willingly but seriously I pick up some great stuff by blog stalking and I hope you all do to when you read my blog.  I was doing just that tonight after work and came across this blog http://www.andrewandtrinity.blogspot.com/ I have no idea how to put links in my posts so I'm hoping that works...if not I will work on it.
I was really excited to read the post about eliminating debt.  I have seen the worksheet that she writes about on LDS.org but I've never used it.  I am officially slapping myself on the wrist for not following it before now.
Lately, I feel like I am in the humbling period of the cycle.  Last year was my year of abundance.  Don't get me wrong, I am doing fine but I could be doing better if I was more aware of where my money is spent.  I got used to making almost double what I make now while I was in Phoenix and it has been quite an adjustment cutting back the ol' budget and making things work with less money to play.  I keep reminding myself that there is a light at the end of the tunnel and the money will (hopefully) be more plentiful when I get out of school and this is a good thing for me to be learning right now.  I am much more mindful of the cost of items that I purchase and my ability to afford them when others can't.  I hope that I take these lessons with me always and throughout my life. 

No comments:

Post a Comment