Sunday, August 24, 2008

Third quarter-only 26 weeks left

Well I am now in my third quarter at UCMT and nearly half way through the program (now week 23 of 50) and I can't believe how quickly it is going.  This quarter we are studying Cranial Sacral Therapy, Sports Massage, Pathology, Anatomy (this is the last quarter) and Movement and I start clinicals on Saturdays at the end of September.  I am loving all of my classes.  If I had to pick a favorite this quarter it would be Cranial.  It is absolutely amazing the work that can be done with that modality.  I will spare you the details of some of the SER's (Somatic Emotional Response) because they have been pretty intense and a private experience for my classmates.  However, I will tell you about the SER that I had in the second class.  We were performing diaphragm releases and I started to laugh uncontrollably.  It was the strangest feeling in the world but so exhilarating at the same time.  I would look at the girl that was my therapist and told her a just couldn't quit but it felt so good!!  The keys to this kind of release is trusting the person that is working on you and trusting the environment that you are in.  Our instructor has told us time after time that she has never had this kind of response in class.

I just love the people I go to school with.  There is a support and camaraderie amongst us that I know I appreciate as do my classmates.  We encourage each other when it's needed whether it be a study session with someone that is struggling in class or a phone call to check on them when they miss a class or just simply making sure someone has notes from a class they miss.  I have great support from my family and friends outside of school but it is very nice to have the support of people that know what I'm talking about when I need to get a different perspective on things.

1 comment:

  1. Wahoooo! Celebration time for you!! Good job and hang in there! I found out that we do in fact need a someone like you out here! Just a thought for you!

    ReplyDelete