Saturday, August 16, 2008

Comfortable

Do you have a friend or friends...  with whom you are always comfortable no matter how long it has been since you last saw them? Who will always love you and cheer you on even when you are more wrapped up in your own life than you should be?  Who is always understanding when life gets in the way and you just can't seem to make a visit possible?  That is thoughtful and a good example?
I have such a friend and I was blessed enough today to get to spend the day with her.  This is my friend Sandi.  We became roommates in 1998 when we were in Boise.  We lived together for a year and had so much fun together.  I swear that was one of the best years of my life. Sandi was a hair stylist and willing to cut, color and style my hair anytime because she loved what she did.  We went to hockey games together because she cut the hair of the guys that played for the Idaho Steelheads and they would give her tickets to pay for the haircuts... how awesome is that?
Well 10 years later and I still consider her my best friend.  She was the person I called when I contemplating breaking of my engagement.  She called me from the hospital in Alaska when she had her first baby, Andrew and 7 months ago from Layton when she had her second baby, Declan.  I trust her completely.  She is one of the few people in my life that I feel like I can trust completely...no matter what I do or the mistakes I make she will be there for me when I need her.  The same is true for her from me.  
I watch her mother her little boys and admire her so much for that.  She has two of the happiest little guys that I know.  I just loved spending the day with her and her little guys while Jeremy her hubby was off on a hunting trip in the mountains. We decided while we were together today that we are going to take a cake decorating class together at Hobby Lobby in Ogden.  I can't wait for that to happen so we can spend more time together since it seems to be so few and far between lately.
I love you San...thanks for everything you do to enrich my life!

No comments:

Post a Comment