Wednesday, September 3, 2008

School Friends

I know I have been gushing about my friends and school in previous posts and this post is going to bring the two together.  I have made several good friends in my class at UCMT.  One person in particular that I just adore is Matt Peterson...I just love this kid.  Yes he is a kid, 24 years old, and supremo talented.  He gets the modalities (the different types of massage for you lay people out there) and he has an incredible energy about him.  You can't get enough of that energy and I try to soak it up every time I get a chance.  Let's not forget the incredible hugs that this fella can give.  For those of you that are married I really hope that your spouse provides this kind of hug for you.  It is warm and envelopes you and protects you from the problems that are just outside that embrace.  I love 'em, what can I say.  I am such a hugger that I have spent time analyzing his hugs...for those that know me that is not a shock that I would analyze anything...ha ha  Ok enough about the hugs.
This is Matt playing at a classmates house when we had a BBQ several weeks ago.

Yesterday I had the pleasure of having Matt or Matty, as I call him, come over to my apartment before class to play his guitar.  I have heard him play on several occasions but this was one on one, me listening and giving feedback basically my own little "concert" with a lesson thrown in for good measure.  It is hard to describe the relationships that have formed with the people I go to school with 14 hours a week.  The emotions and feelings run deeper than those that I have for people that I have known for years.  I hope everyday that once school is over (this week is officially half way) I will keep in touch with all of these people I go to school with but especially Matty.  I have so much to learn from him and I hope he feels like he has something he can gain from me too.  
I'm still loving it and when I have a hang up about something the instructors take the time to explain what is really going on and the hang up is gone before I remember why I was concerned.  Well it's off to class for me.  Oh and just as a reminder...if you want a massage let me know.  Practice makes perfect and I just love doing the work.

Until next time...

No comments:

Post a Comment