Sunday, May 4, 2008

Back from Idaho

I just spent the weekend with my family in Idaho.  Mom is doing better everyday following her accident and I showed her the pictures from her first few days in the hospital this weekend.  She still doesn't remember the accident or the first two weeks in the hospital...I couldn't be more grateful for that.  She was surprised to see how banged up she was but at the same time expected it to be as it was.
I have a long week ahead.  I have a lot of homework to wrap up prior to classes this week, hopefully some interviews so I'm not so bored at home during the day anymore and shopping (one of my least favorite past times) for a wedding gift and mother's day present.  The good news is I know what I am buying for both so it should be a quick trip.

I'm going to buy a bike this week too...at least that is the plan.  I am searching for a job in the downtown Salt Lake area and would love to be able to ride a bike to work.  I love the Jimmy but my beast is a gas hog...I just can't let her go.  I am only 6 blocks from school and would love to ride a bike there too so I can get there quicker than a walk but not burn up unneeded fuel.
I'm tossing around the idea of getting a beach rider bike...you know the kind that they would be riding on the boardwalks on the East coast during the summer.  Tiff and Ryan think it's a better idea to get a mountain bike so I can take it to Idaho with me and ride around there or in the mountains of Utah WHEN not IF I go camping this summer.

I saw one of my old friends from high school today.  I haven't seen her in about 5 years...how things change.  We were both cheerleaders but from opposing schools.  She was from North Fremont and of course I was at West Jefferson.  After high school we worked together for about 6 months at a travel agency in Eagle, ID.  She now has 3 little boys and the 4th is on the way.  WOW!!!  I can't believe all of the kids that my friends have.  I start to wonder if life is passing me by because of choices that I have made in the past.  I then remember how things have worked out in my life and leave the question...until the next time I run into an old friend.

One last thing that is so exciting that happened tonight.  Tiff (my little sister) was accepted into the Social Work program at the University of Utah.  I am so proud of her!  She is so excited and will graduate in 2 years!  I'm so happy that I was able to be here when she found out...I just love that kid!

1 comment:

  1. Hey Melissa! I'm glad to see you found me on Blogger! Are you liking it back in UT?

    ReplyDelete