Monday, August 13, 2012

Ultrasound

Karlee and I continued to exchange texts through the next week and we became more and more excited and anxious as we got closer to the ultrasound on Friday, June 29.  We met Karlee, Devrey and Karlee's mom at the doctors office and went into the ultrasound.  My heart nearly leaped out of my chest as we entered the ultrasound room and she introduced us to the tech as the adoptive parents...happiness and pure joy!  It is not common for an adoptive couple to be able to be in attendance at this ultrasound or any prenatal visits for that matter.

It was so surreal being in that room at watching as the tech kept showing us different parts of the baby and stating that everything looked good.  The big question on our minds was is this baby going to be a pink or a blue variety.  The little peanut was not shy about showing us all he is definitely a BOY!   Wanna see a picture of him?


His cute profile at 21 weeks 1 day

He isn't shy- this was the second picture the tech caught!
At the end of the ultrasound the tech asked Karlee if there were any other shots she would like and she diverted to us and asked if there was anything else- no everything looked great and the whole experience was more than we could have ever hoped to experience.  Karlee and Devrey gave us the pictures and the DVD as we were walking out of the office and just asked that we give them copies of them.  **Seriously pinching myself over again**

The next week Karlee invited me to be at her prenatal visit and of course I was thrilled and happy to join her and again introduced me as the adoptive mom when the nurse and the doctor came into the room. :)  When she scheduled her next appointment she asked me to come up and make sure the date worked for me to so I could be there.  I am so honored that she has asked me to join her for these appointments.  

We are so humbled and honored that Karlee and Devrey have selected us and asked us to be this little boy's parents.  We have shared some very tender moments that are not appropriate to share in such a large forum but have confirmed this relationship is what it needs to be. We are anxiously awaiting November 1 and are over the moon for this little guy already and are so grateful for the relationship that we share with Karlee and Devrey.

With love,
JD and Melissa

1 comment:

  1. I'm near tears with excitement for you guys. November will be here before you know it. :o)

    ReplyDelete