Monday, August 13, 2012

Introducing... Karlee and Devrey

After the FSA Conference this weekend we felt like we were ready to introduce these two amazing people to you- our family and friends.  We asked them if they would be comfortable with us sharing our news with everyone and sharing on our blog and the response was "I would really love it if you guys did that." 

Without further delay let us introduce you to Karlee and Devrey.  They are expecting a baby in November and have selected JD and I to adopt their baby.

Devrey and Karlee

We have loved getting to know and building a relationship and friendship with them.  We are so blessed that they live very close to us and we are able to see them often.  We received our first email from them on June 9.  I have never been so excited and nervous to respond to an email in all of my life.  Luckily we had a heads up from our case worker that we would likely be getting an email from an expectant couple soon and I'm glad she did because otherwise I may not have checked our email all weekend because we had family in town.   We responded to their email a few days later and started exchanging text messages a week later.  Karlee and I do most of the "chatting" via text. 

We met them for the first time on June 22 when we had dinner at Texas Roadhouse.  Funny story- we were sitting there after we had finished eating and obviously the place was busy but one of the waiters came up to the table while I was taking a drink and asked if he could take the glass for me.  WHAT??  If that wasn't a clue to vacate the booth I'm not sure what would have been.  Kind of funny now but I wasn't impressed at the time.

We had a great time at dinner and went back to their apartment to visit for a little bit longer.
Karlee had mentioned in text messages that the week after we met she was going to her "big" ultrasound to find out the baby's sex and to make sure everything is developing as it is supposed to. 
She was just over 20 weeks when we went out to dinner and would be 21 weeks at the ultrasound.  While were visiting at their apartment Karlee asked what we were doing the next Friday.  I of course knew what she was asking but I wanted to make sure I understood and asked her "are you asking us to go to the ultrasound with you?"  She looked at Devrey, smiled and said "Yes!"  We didn't have anything planned but if there would have been plans they would have been quickly cleared from the calendar.  I couldn't dream this stuff up and I wanted to pinch myself as we left their apartment that night.

Karlee and I continue to exchange text almost daily and we see each other at least once per week.  We have really enjoyed getting to know them better and building what we believe will be a long and lasting relationship with them.  We share many things in common including likes and dislikes in food and activities- kinda crazy.

Enjoying dinner at Los Hermanos in Lindon, UT

1 comment:

  1. Sooooo is it a girl or a boy?! Oh, and congratulations! I can't make the goosebumps go away because I'm so excited for you!

    ReplyDelete