Wednesday, August 29, 2012

Preparing for a Baby

I have been so fortunate to have some very generous people in my life give us TONS of clothes for this little man.  I have two big plastic bins full of clothes plus when I find something cute and for a good price I can't help but buy it.  I've even had JD with me on a few trips and I love the cute smile he gets on his face when he sees the outfits that he likes. 

I have painted his room and we have decided to decorate with vintage sports.  I have painted the room a light tan color with white trim. I found some really cute pictures at Hobby Lobby with basketball, football, soccer and baseball that are a perfect fit for the look we want and we are building the room around those.  I am in the process now of painting a dresser that my dad gave to us a blue color that I will distress a little bit.  Although to be honest I'm not sure the person at the paint counter at Walmart mixed it correctly because it looks really purple in the paint can- we'll see how it turns out.  If it's wrong I might change it to a distressed red color.  I'll put up a picture once it is all done.

Last week Target was having a great sale on Graco pack and plays so JD and I went and took a look and decided to purchase one.  It has a napper/changer and a little mobile on it and it can be used as a bassinet too, if needed.  Our plan when we bought it was to use it as a bassinet in our room until we put him in his room however the day after we bought it I found the greatest thing on Facebook.  I follow a group called Eagle Mountain 24/7 Yard Sale and most of the time I'm not interested but this item had to be mine and it was a steal at $15 bucks...a cradle.  It needs cleaned up a little and needed new eye bolts and a mattress but it is exactly what I wanted but was too cheap to purchase.

Look at this beauty...



I am super excited about the cradle but possibly more than that is the story behind it.  When I picked it up I thanked the woman and told her that JD and I are going to be adopting a little boy in November. 
She smiled and said "No way!" 
I just laughed and said "Yes we are." 
She said "How crazy is that?! I was adopted and this was the cradle my parents used for me when I was a baby!"
 I love that story and can't wait to share it will our children.  

I have since ordered the eye bolts and the mattress arrived today and fits perfectly!  Now I just need to clean it up a little bit.


No comments:

Post a Comment