Wednesday, August 29, 2012

28 weeks and counting

A few weekends ago JD and I invited Karlee and Devrey over for a BBQ and to play games at our house.  Karlee had mentioned that she would like to see our house and it was a good to just get together and hang out without rude waiters trying to push us out the door. ;)
I lost track of time during the day and over scheduled myself so I sent JD to pick them up at their apartment and I tried to finish up what I could for dinner and run through the shower before they got back.  I literally just got dressed when they pulled in the driveway.  I thought it would be at most 30 minutes before we were sitting down to eat dinner but it took over an hour.  I was horrified it took so long and I think Devrey and Karlee were starving so I felt even worse but they were good about the wait.
In reality JD cooked most of the dinner- that guy is really becoming king of the grill.  We had grilled chicken breasts with three cheese potatoes that were cooked in foil on the grill and fresh corn on the cob.  I made a peach cobbler creation using just a bottle of peaches and cake mix and it turned out ok but I'm not sure I will ever use that method again. 

We really enjoyed just hanging out together and talking.  We played one of my favorite board games "The Farming Game" after we ate dinner and it was so fun.  It was interesting to watch who were risk takers and who were more conservative as we played the game and grew our "farms".

Playing The Farming Game
 I also asked Karlee if she was ok with me taking pictures each week as she is progressing to 40 weeks well actually 39 weeks since she is scheduled to be induced a week before her due date.  She liked the idea so I took a few pictures of her and Devrey while they were here.  I haven't had a chance to take a 29 week picture yet and she will be 30 weeks on Thursday...ugh. I should see her tomorrow though so I will have to make sure and snap a quick picture then.
Karlee at 28.2 weeks

Karlee and Devrey at 28.2 weeks
We are looking forward to having them over again and have a trip to Brigham City to participate in the Brigham City LDS Temple open house.  We can't wait!

No comments:

Post a Comment