Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Random Ramblings

It is 0410 and I'm awake... why? I have slept a total of 3 hours tonight. It took until 0100 to get to sleep because I am having severe back spasms. I don't remember this ever happening before. It started out as low back pain a couple days ago and yesterday I decided to finally use the gift certificate that dad and Lisa gave me for Christmas and get a massage to help ease the discomfort of the low back pain.
My plan kind of backfired (no pun intended) because when I got off the table at the spa I couldn't stand up straight. It took a lot to get myself together enough to go change and get home. Don't get me wrong the massage was excellent and I will definitely go back and see the same therapist. She had an excellent touch but massage just wasn't what I needed right now. My muscles were already inflamed and then I forced them to be warmed up even more...not my brightest idea. So once JD got home from teaching last night I took some ibuprofen and it seems to have helped with the pain. Before I did that though I had to get up to use the bathroom and JD had to help me. I'll be honest it was total agony trying to stand up and actually walking the 1o steps to the bathroom. I haven't experienced pain like that before and broke down in tears. I felt terrible not just because of the pain but because of the look on my sweet husband's face. He was trying to help me and not hurt me more but he had a look of helplessness on his face. It broke my heart to see it but at the same time I fell in love with him just a little bit more. I am hoping that everything is feeling better by tomorrow night because I am scheduled to work and not being able to walk well is a big issue with my job.

Next, we went to the temple on Saturday. Nothing earth shattering happened while we were there but I mention it because it because JD is always the one that encourages visits to the temple- one of the many things I love and appreciate about him. He is such a good example and always trying to be and do better. I am always so happy after we are there and for the peace I feel when we are there. I love that no matter what the "noise" is that is going on in our life it is completely peaceful in the Lord's house. What a blessing to have a place to go to get away from the static that seems to surround us outside the temple not to mention the blessing of a temple that is just 5 minutes from our house.

Next, we are about to start our third IUI. I have had mixed emotions about it for some reason. I am hopeful because we had success getting pregnant last time although it ended in a miscarriage and I fear that we will have another miscarriage. I also think one of the things that has me worried is we are still fighting with insurance about the first ultrasound we had done during our last cycle with Dr. Foulk. I'm sure it will all get worked out but at the same time if we have to pay 50% of every ultrasound it adds up very quickly. All of the ultrasounds after the first one during our last cycle was covered because they coded things differently/correctly and because we had met our deductible so we just have to make sure they do that again this time. We are very hopeful for success again this cycle and hopefully without 14 days of injections in my belly this round...although I would do a month's worth of injections if that's what it takes to add to our family.

Finally, we are hoping to buy a house sometime this summer or early next fall- hopefully! The biggest obstacle is JD finding a different job and where that job will be located. We found out last year that he was being paid much less that he should be for his experience and degree at the company he works for now. We are grateful for the job he has now but the company is very conservative including their compensation and JD wants to spread his wings and learn new technologies which isn't available there.
We started a job search about 6 months ago and have had quite a few interviews but no offers of employment yet. We feel very strongly that when the right job comes along we will know and it will be a good fit for both him/us and the company he will work for. When that happens we will start the search for a home to purchase. I am so proud of JD and the hard work and time he put in to earn his degree and his desire to improve and grow in his chosen career.

I haven't forgotten to make a post about our trip to Denver...it's coming I promise!

Until next time...

No comments:

Post a Comment