Saturday, April 23, 2011

Lazy Saturday Ramblings

Today is a lazy day at the Nielson home. The IUI was this morning and JD had major dental work done yesterday so we are just hanging out at home and resting.

I tend to go a little bit stir crazy so I will probably start getting some stuff done for our Easter dinner. I am making deviled eggs (one of JD's favorites) and potato salad along with the traditional ham and asparagus. When I told him I was going to boil the eggs today for them he asked me if I could save three of them for him to take to work. He has never asked for boiled eggs for lunch before so I asked him if that was something he liked and I would make sure we had some for him all the time. He said no we are playing a game at work with them on Wednesday...WHAT?? Apparently they roll the eggs towards each other and if your egg cracks your out. I don't know if I will ever understand the games they come up with at DHI or maybe it is just boys being boys. Either way my man will have 3 boiled eggs to take to work with him on Wednesday and I hope he wins.

Up next...we have a trip planned to Denver at the end of May- Memorial Day weekend, in fact. It will be so nice to get out of down for a few days and enjoy a road trip together. I love those moments in the car with my husband- even though I sleep more than I probably should when we drive anywhere more than 100 miles. When I'm not asleep we have some great conversations and my Mr. tries to get me to listen to some of his favorite music- it will never be my favorite- sorry babe!
We were supposed to go to Arizona last week but with all of the delay with the IUI we had to cancel the trip. We chose Denver because JD's favorite baseball team (St Louis Cardinals) are playing the Rockies and that is within a day driving distance from our house. Neither of us have been to a Major League baseball game so it will be a great time. If you have an suggestions of things we should do while we are in Denver we are open for suggestions.

In other news... I am looking out one of our windows right now and so pleased with how my plants look. They aren't plants for the garden but rather ones that I transplanted from a basket that was sent I think by the Monteview Ward to my grandma Sullivan's funeral in January. As I look at them I am remembering the table of plants that was in my grandparents living room most of my growing up years. I don't know that grandma appreciated the plants as much as grandpa did but because grandpa enjoyed them so they were there. I really don't remember when they disappeared but these plants in our window remind me of that because these plants are important to me and I don't know that JD cares one way or the other if we have them but I enjoy them so they stay.

And another thought- I am ready for spring to arrive. We have had a few nice warm days but most days for the last two weeks have been overcast and/or raining. I am not one that typically complains about the weather but I'm ready for some sunshine. I want to plant at least a flower garden this year and it is more fun to play in the dirt when the sun is shining on my face. On the upside the trees are blooming and leaves are budding and we are determined to go to the Tulip Festival at Thanksgiving Point next weekend. My sister and Ryan are bringing Rosten down next Saturday to go to the Baby Animal Birthday at Thanksgiving Point and I can't wait to see how he reacts when he sees the baby animals and can touch them. He loves the zoo so I'm certain it will be fun.

And finally... I turned 34 on Thursday. How did I get that old? I don't feel like I should be 34 although I'm not entirely sure how old I feel- really it changes from time to time. J.D. also turned 34 on April 15 and for our birthday and anniversary gifts to each other we bought a nice Nikon camera that I have had my eye for over a year. I can't wait to use it to take pictures at the Tulip Festival next weekend and while we are in Denver. I have a coupon to take a class to learn how to use it- which reminds me I need register for a class to use that coupon.

Happy Easter!

Until next time...

No comments:

Post a Comment