Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Love of my Father(s)

I have felt so much gratitude lately- especially this past week. I have felt an abundance of love and comfort. I don't know about you but I don't typically talk about my lady business with my dad...and let's be honest the main issue with us not being pregnant is because of my lady business not working properly...or as Dr F (more on him later) says the female plumbing.

Anyway, last week I talked to my dad and funny enough we were talking about taxes. I spouted off about how unfair it is that there are people that never or rarely work that will get a tax refund because they have children where I just get to keep paying both taxes and doctor bills and I don't know if I will ever have kids. He asked what was going on and that he would sure like more grand kids. I told him that I have some issues with my body not working properly and told him how much everything costs.

Just so you have an idea- for each IUI we do it is around $800- 1000 and again no guarantee that it will work- which was the case last month and that is just our out of pocket costs. If we end up having to do IVF it is $12,000- OUCH! We have great insurance but fertility treatments are not covered- which is "normal" because it is considered a lifestyle choice. (Don't even get me started on that!) Ultrasounds and doctor visits are covered but the medications, injections and procedures are not covered...kinda sucks but what's a girl to do.

My dad immediately offered any help he may be able to give. I assured him we are doing fine but I appreciated the offer. It struck me later as I was talking to J.D. about my conversation with dad how lucky I am. Basically the light bulb came on for me- if my earthly Father loves me as much as he does and that he hates to see the struggles that we are going through to have a family (among other things) how can I comprehend just how much love my Heavenly Father has for me. He knows all things, he knows of my struggles without the words needing to cross my lips. I am grateful for this realization= I am one blessed girl!

Until next time...

No comments:

Post a Comment