Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Why I love him...

My husband is fantastic...let me tell you why...

I have just been overcome with gratitude for him the past few days. It really struck me this morning as he drove past me as I was pulling out of the driveway to go to work and he blew me a kiss from the Durango. He always does this. Some people would say it is no big deal but I've discovered in the past 7 weeks I've grown used to it when the timing is right and we pass each other going opposite directions to work. As much as I'm looking forward to being done with the drive to Salt Lake everyday for work- and in 10 weeks, school- I'm honestly going to miss those last minute exchanges we get to share before we have to leave each other for the day.





I could never doubt the love this man has for me or how much he adores me because every time I call him or he calls me I am greeted with "Hello Beautiful!" How lucky am I!!! Funny story about this greeting however...Oh my goodness it gives me the giggles just thinking about it. Yesterday I got a twitter message from him that read, "Look at phone number of incoming calls closely before choosing your greeting, or you might say "Hello Beautiful! to your boss."

I can only imagine the dead silence on the other end of the line when J.D.'s boss JEFF got that as a greeting. Once he was over being surprised with that greeting he said, "well it's nice to be told you're beautiful every once in awhile." Now before you all think I'm mean for telling this story I got clearance to share it. I love it that my sweetheart isn't ashamed to call me beautiful or say I love you when I need to call him at work even with the guys standing there.

Laundry, loads and loads of laundry. I have never had an issue doing laundry. I always just assumed when I got married that would be one of the chores I would do. I think because that is how it was in my house growing up. I actually don't mind this chore (dusting is another story)and I actually enjoy ironing. However, it seems like every weekend (that's when we do laundry) since we have been married I have had something going on Saturday's and don't get a chance to start laundry before I leave to go to whatever activity, etc that is happening.

J.D. doesn't blink and eye or complain for one second that I don't get it started, he just sorts and takes care of it. I know he did his own laundry for years so why should saying "I Do" switch a magic and invisible switch but I just assumed it would I guess. I have started ironing J.D.'s polo shirts that he wears to work and he seems to like that I do that. I'm not sure what it is about it but he likes it and he lets me know. I am so grateful there is some small thing I can do to serve him- however small it may be. Honestly, it made my day a few weekends ago when he came to me with a shirt I hadn't seen before, while I was ironing and asked me if I could fix the collar on the shirt. Basically, it had dried weird the last time it had been washed and it wouldn't lay right. It may seem silly but I was so glad that he recognized what I was doing was helpful and could "fix" a problem he had and didn't know how to fix himself.

Honey Do's and Will You's

I may be bragging but I never have to ask twice for anything to be done. Even before we were married I had moved all of my stuff into our apartment. I just mentioned that I would like to have some pictures/decorative signs hung up in some places and next time I came over they were up. If I ask for help with anything he is right there by my side helping me or just simply doing it for me. I always thought I enjoyed that "independent woman/ I can do it myself" thing that I had going on. I'll be honest, that's great and I do like my independence but it is EVEN BETTER having someone there you KNOW that you can rely on to help you out.

Yesterday, I volunteered us to go help my friend Carla get her travel trailer ready for the first BBQ competition of the year.. The trailer is a nice addition to the competitions but it definitely needed some work and Carla has done a lot already but the door to the trailer needed some attention. Weather stripping, straightening some bent metal, a latch that would work, etc. Carla mentioned to me when we were at lunch last week she was worried it wouldn't get done in time because her husband hasn't been feeling well so I told her if she needed help to just let me know and we would be there. I knew that I didn't even need to ask J.D. first because he would be more than willing to help out. No surprise, he was more than happy to help and we went over and J.D. and Carla's husband got most of the work that needed to be done finished. J.D. told me on the way home they could have finished the project but it wasn't ours to finish so they stopped when Carla's husband said they were done for the night.

I love my husband because he takes such good care of me too- obviously from what I've already written but it's so true. The past weekend I just couldn't seen to get enough sleep. I swear I slept all but maybe 6 hours on Sunday. It was ridiculous. Again, he just went about his business and just took care of lunch, dinner and let me sleep. I have a maintenance medication I have to take and he reminds me to take it every morning and every night. I worry about finances while I'm in school because I don't have a job yet. Whenever I mention this he tells me it is going to be ok. It isn't a brush aside but with genuine belief that everything will be ok. I know it will be ok but he will make sure it is so.

He prays for me when I don't feel well. He consoles me when I am nearly unconsoleable. He makes sure that we say our prayers together. When he was traveling for work at the first of the May he reminded me to say my prayers when we said goodnight. He is such a good example. He reads his scriptures EVERY day. I am amazed by him and his testimony. He has such a desire to do those righteous things and to lead our family. I am so excited that he will be ordained an Elder in the next few weeks and then we will be able to go to the temple together.

I can't wait for us to be parents and to watch this gentle and patient man with our children. Our children are going to lucky to have him for a dad. He is like a little boy with some of the things he does. It always makes me giggle when he does some of those little boy things. Sometimes I just stand back and imagine little munchkins with him playing and happy. He makes me playful and I hope more fun. Even this morning, I was teasing him and going to give him a wet willy...he wouldn't have it and squirted me with his water bottle which started a small water fight. After it was over we just laughed like little kids then proceeded to get ready for work. Who gets to be 32 and have water fights in the morning before work?? Me and my J.D.- that's who!

I tell him how much I love him and I truly am amazed daily that such an extraordinary man fell in love with me but he did! He did and he makes sure to tell AND show me every day how much he loves me! I love you, J.D. thank you for being everything I hoped for and never knew I wanted in a husband! You really are my best friend and I love you!

Until next time...

3 comments:

  1. You guys are so cute and keep it that way!! I love it!! Even after 7 years my hubby never leaves without a kiss! So I know you guys will do the same! I am so glad you have such a wonderful man in your life, you deserve it and he deserves such a wonderful person!

    ReplyDelete
  2. All right. Yes you are bragging. But I couldn't be happier for ya.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Melissa you sound so happy!! That is so good that you two found each other! You are right there is nothing better than having someone care about you and that you can always rely on no matter how much you are independant!! He sounds like a wonderful catch!! I am excited for you both to go to the temple!! Nothing is greater than having the Lord in your relationship!! I think that is what really holds marriages together and keeps them sacred!! Good luck and bless you both for being so sweet to each other. You are lucky to have him but he is also very lucky to have you!!
    THanks for sharing your greatness with us!!

    ReplyDelete