Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Where does the time go?

I can't believe it has been nearly 3 weeks since I last updated this blog. To be honest, I look at everyone else's updates but I can't update at work (dang restrictions on the web) and since my laptop was stolen I don't spend that much time on the computer at home. A shout out to my roommate Kelsie for letting me use hers.

Things are still going great with JD and I. He went with me Idaho last weekend for my cousin Chad and his new wife KayCee's wedding. Friday night we got a call from my sister to come to the Colonial Theatre so everyone could meet JD. Poor guy was so nervous anyway and he got the whole Sullivan clan thrown at him all at once. It helped that he had met Tiff and Ryan already a few weeks before but the rest of the gang was there, less my brother and his family. Everyone sure did like him...NO SURPRISE to me, of course and now he is over the nervousness I think!!?? This weekend is my turn to be nervous when I meet his family.

We went to see Mom and Hal on Saturday afternoon. It was good to see mom up and around. She is still semi-recovering from her snowmobile accident in April but overall is doing well. After we visited mom and Hal we went to Chad and KayCee's wedding. It was quick and very nice ceremony and quite a party afterward. I didn't know most of the people that were there but that was no surprise since they both grew up in Shelley. I even got to dance with Chad for a little bit. I still remember him as the blond haired little boy named Chaddy...now he is a grown man with a wife...CRAZY!!

Tiffany and Ryan came up from Utah for the wedding too and Tiff is starting to look a little bit pregnant...at least in my opinion. Actually it was probably more the shirt she was wearing that made her look pregnant but I am excited for her to start getting that cute prego belly. Have I mentioned how excited I am that I'm going to be an auntie again??!! I've ordered a niece but we'll see if I get what I asked for. Contrary to what Tiff believes I will love the little runt even if it is a boy...I just want to buy cute pink clothes for a girl.

Sunday we went to church in Monteview and then I cooked dinner afterward. I made these wonderfully, yummy pork chops called Honey Crusted Pork Chops or something like that. It is a recipe that JD got from him mom and he made them for me the week before and I LOVED them and wanted dad to be able to try them. Dad loved them too. I love to be in the kitchen and cooking for people so it was a great thing for me to be able to do that and I like to know that dad has a good home cooked meal at least occasionally. He has lots of good friends in North Fork that invite him to dinner but just the same I got to cook this one for him.

Overall it was a great weekend. I still don't have pictures to post, folks, sorry! I know you are just drooling waiting for something to show up on here but I've got nothing for you. Soon though, I promise!

Oh yeah, I got a call when we were driving home from my sister. My mom slipped on the ice when they were leaving the lodge in Island Park and broke her leg. I'll tell you what...that poor lady has had a rough year. She is looking forward to 2008 being over that's for sure. She went to the Orthopedic Surgeon yesterday and apparently she broke the fibula in two places...one at the ankle and one near the knee...OUCH! Hal is a great nurse though and takes good care of her.

One more thing before I go... I got a call this morning from my cousin that woke me up telling me that my grandma had fallen getting out of bed and broke her hip. My sweet grandma, Lois, the poor lady. I just saw her a few days ago and I worry about her almost constantly...it's my turn, she worried about me all my life so far. She is in surgery even as I type and will hopefully be out by 8 or 8:30 tonight. She is a tough cookie, my grandma and I'm sure she will come out of it ok but if you are so inclined please remember her in a prayer or two if you don't mind. I love this remarkable woman more than anything and wouldn't be the woman I am today if it wasn't for her guiding influence. I love you grandma!

Well it's off to class in a few minutes for me. Only 3 more weeks and I get a two week break from class and a 3 week break from clinic. I'm happy to have a break before the last term of school...it is much needed.

At this time of Thanksgiving...I give thanks for you!

Until next time...

2 comments:

  1. I am so absolutely happy for you!!! It is so your turn for happiness in love and that guy is so lucky to get a farm girl from Idaho as a girlfriend...they are the best and you tell him I said that! I pray for your grandma and mom! I totally know how you feel in 2006 someone had my dad's number and everything under the sun happened to him!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great post...at least until the end. Your poor Mom! I will keep them both in my thoughts. Happy Thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete