Tuesday, July 1, 2008

Happy to Announce...

After much searching and anticipation I'm happy to announce....I'm happily employed again.  I start my new job tomorrow and I can't wait.  I am living proof that you should be nice to everyone you meet and work with because that is how I got this job in this shaky economy and without so much as an interview.  Yep, you read it right, I didn't have an official interview.  I got a call from HR at Bard today and the manager offered me a job as an Administrative Assistant.  I will be working with/for a woman that I became associated with through Executive Women International in 2006.  I was the Philanthropy Committee chair when she was serving as the President of the Salt Lake City chapter.
My friend Cassie works for Bard and I asked her a couple of weeks ago if there were any openings that she knew of and she told me yes!  The next day she sent me a link to fill out the appropriate information on the website and submit my resume.  Then she recommended for the Admin job in the IS department.  Then she told Shara that I had just applied for a job.  Well a temp that had been working for Shara hadn't been working out and they let him go on Monday and I got the call today asking me if I wanted to come to work tomorrow. WOW!! Well of course I said yes.  I am so thrilled that 1) I now have a job 2) I will be working with people that know what I am capable of producing 3) I will be working with people that I already know and trust.

I would be completely ungrateful if I didn't send a thank you to my sister and Ryan for saying so many prayers on my behalf during my job search, for the Lord seeing to it that I was blessed with employment...AGAIN and to all my friends that also said prayers on my behalf so I could find a job that would fit my skill set and I would feel like I was contributing.  I would also be ungrateful if I didn't thank my Heavenly Father for blessing me with the opportunity to be unemployed for the past 4 months so I could become enveloped in school and for the good job that I had during the past 3 years.

I also need to clarify that I wasn't fired from my previous job and I really wasn't desperate to get a job EXCEPT I was tired of having nothing to do during the day. I did like having all the time in the world to do homework and study for school but I have always done better when I am under pressure and have to be on task with school.  

An additional FYI because I can't remember if I put this in my last post.  I am setting a goal to attend Nursing school at the University of Utah once I'm finished with Massage Therapy school. I have a strong desire to help people and I know that the two combined with be a great asset.  So now I have a job that will allow me to attend school for as long as I need to AND they pay the tuition!!  HOORAY!!!

Until next time...

2 comments:

  1. I think that working and going to school can totally work for you! Jay has been doing awesome with working and going to school at the same time. Good Luck and I am so glad that you have found a position that fits you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am happy for you. I hope you are enjoying your new job.

    ReplyDelete