Monday, July 23, 2007

First time for everything


This is my first real blog. I had a roommate in Utah that went to China and kept in touch with us using her family blog...it was great. I have a myspace page but I like the idea of this better for some reason.
Tomorrow is Pioneer Day in Utah. Thank goodness for those wonderful pioneers that risked it all to come across the plains so many years ago. I went on pioneer trek last year with my ward from Utah and it was an incredible experience...possibly one of the most inspiring experiences of my life, thus far.
I guess I should explain the picture above since it has nothing to do with Pioneer Day. This is a tradeshow booth that I was working in with B. Murphy. Typically I am in jeans and running like mad at tradeshows but this one I was actually exhibiting and got to watch one of my competing companies do that. I will admit I much prefer the behind the scenes but my current position as general manager doesn't allow that to happen very often. I am front and center in sales pitches and with clients...it has really made me stretch from the comfort zone I have been in for awhile. Change is good, change is good...maybe if I keep telling myself that it will become true.
That's all for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment