Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Ah Ha Moments

Last night at work there was a baby that started showing signs of drug withdraw. This little one was not one of my patients but she was just so sweet and tiny I couldn't help but want to hold her and give her a little bit of extra love. I don't know the entire circumstance of her family but the small portion I do know was so disappointing. It is heartbreaking the suffering this little infant has had to endure already because of choices she did not make. It is repulsive the lack of care that this mother appeared to have for this child that she helped create. With these things though I had an ah-ha moment that shook me to my very core and brought me to tears...this little infant so sweet, pure and spirit fresh from heaven taught me a valuable lesson. This is not about her mother (or father) or any other person-- it is about this small little person and her enormous spirit. This is her story and only Heavenly Father knows why this spirit and the body to carry it have to endure these earthly trials.

We have been told in meetings with LDSFS that the journey with adoption isn't about the birth parents or the adoptive parents and what they want/need but about the child and what they need and/or is best for them. I heard it, I thought I understood it before but this tiny infant taught me what that really meant last night. I promised this baby as a rocked her last night that I would pray for her...and I will.

Until next time...

No comments:

Post a Comment