Wednesday, February 24, 2010

I have an itch...

I really have this "itch" shall we say to create something, re-finish something and decorate my house. I'm inspired by a friend and co-worker, Michelle, (hi Michelle) and her creativity and do it yourself abilities. I feel like I'm pretty handy and I have a couple of ideas in mind. We have some end tables and a coffee table that are in dire need of a make-over. Imagine an orangy (is that a word?) stain on fake oak...YUCK is all I have to say. Granted the tables were free or at the very least really cheap when JD got them so as the saying goes, beggars can't be choosers BUT I want them to at least match the rest of our furniture.
We now have a backyard and small patio that I can take these projects on outside, so that is my goal this spring/summer to finish some furniture. I will post pictures as I work, even if they don't turn out exactly as I would like them too.
On an equally exciting note, at least to me, we are going to have a garden this year. There is a space in front of our new townhouse that is about 3' x 15' where I can plant a garden...I'm envisioning tomatoes, radishes, peppers, onions and maybe some lettuce...so excited. I'm telling you..you can take the girl off the farm but you can't take the farm out of the girl!

Oh yeah and as soon as I remember to take pictures of our new abode I will post them here. School is top priority right now so it may be a while before that happens.

Until next time...

No comments:

Post a Comment