Saturday, October 24, 2009

This and that...

We don't have much to report but I felt like I should post something anyway- just so you know we are alive.
I'm up to my eyeballs in assignments for school and JD is up to his eyeballs in work and another programming project he is doing on the side.

I am trying to figure out how to get my CNA license before the end of the year so I can start work as a CNA starting in January 2010...you wouldn't think it would be such a task but between work and school it is becoming quite a juggling act. One of the major health care facilities in Utah has a great tuition reimbursement plan in place for nursing so the plan is to get a job there and let them pay for me to become an amazing nurse...sounds like a good idea to me!

JD is preparing to take the GRE so he can apply to grad school and get his Masters in Software Engineering- I am so proud of him. He works so hard and never complains one minute about any of it.

We have started Body for Life- more accurately JD has started Body for Life and is diligent about going and working out each morning and eating the "right" food. I on the other hand stay up to late and whine about getting up in the morning to work out. (In my defense, this past week was mid-terms and I was staying up pretty late studying.) I'm re-committing myself to the workouts this week.

Life is great and we are loving this time of year. We are looking forward to our first holidays together as a married couple. We will be staying in Utah for Thanksgiving because we both have to work the day after but I'm excited to have our first Thanksgiving together in our home.

Until next time...

2 comments:

  1. You are so cute! Glad you posted something so that we do "know that you are alive!" Hang in there!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Melissa I love catching up with how you are doing!! I read your Sharing Time post and it brought back some real memories for me!! I would love to share with you my history if you want!! We drove from Tooele every week to Orem to see a dr. who helped us and many others I know!! He is amazing!! We also delivered our second child there. SO I have some many thoughts to share if you would give me your email address I would love to see if anything would help!!
    I wish you the very best, you deserve to have that wonderful man you talk so highly of!! HE is lucky to have you also!!

    ReplyDelete