Sunday, August 3, 2008

Pampered

Last week was a rough one.  It was finals week for second term so plenty of stress there plus some personal life junk I don't want to get into on a public blog.  It involved dating and all things considered it ended well.  Trust me I have recorded it for future "growing" experience reviews.  To be honest, at this point I have usually figured out what the lesson was I was supposed to learn but this time that isn't the case.  I'm sure it will come to me in time and when I need to know it.
Anyway, Saturday morning I gave my friend Cassie a massage at her apartment.  I like giving her a massage because she communicates with me while I'm giving her a massage.  By communicate I don't mean a typical conversation you have when talking to your friends (although this happens too) but she tells me when I am applying to much pressure or I'm too deep into a muscle.  I will post more about that some other time.

Anyway, after I gave Cass her massage we went to the House of Bread by her house and had a yummy treat and got to chat for awhile.  I decided that I wanted to get a massage too so I left and went to UCMT and signed up for a massage.  How great is it that I can get a great massage for $12.50 on any given Saturday because I'm a student there.  So I got a massage and I LOVED it.  That pampering wasn't enough so I decided to use the gift certificate I got from a co-worker to The Kura Door Japanese Spa.  OOOOOHHHH now that is living!  I went in at 7:30 and got a facial.  I love getting a facial and this one was no different.  The environment was so peaceful.  My favorite instructor just left UCMT to work at this spa and I was hoping to see her while I was there but no such luck.  Besides the facial my favorite part was the steam room and sauna that I could go into for as long and as often as I wanted while I was there.  It felt so good to just sit in the steam and relax.  I love being pampered.  I'm not a girly girl, anyone who knows me would confirm that but I LOVE to be pampered at the spa.

1 comment:

  1. I am soooo jealous! I think you need to move here and open a spa! I woukd be your top customer!

    ReplyDelete