Sunday, June 15, 2008

Manti Pageant

For several weeks my friend Cassie and I had been planning on attending the Mormon Miracle Pageant in Manti, UT on the 14th.  Cassie has a great network of friends so I told her to put out the feelers and invite whoever may want to go and we would have a good ol' time and that we did.

We left at 4:30 and drove to Manti in my rockin' rental car.  I drove so we were putting miles on a rental car and not someone personal vehicle AND because I like to be the one driving. (I don't know why but when I'm with friends I like to be the one behind the wheel...kinda weird, I know) We got to Manti about 6:30 and at at Miller's Drive-in and Donut Shop.  The food was good but the company was better.  There were 11 of us and we sat there and laughed for a couple of hours. Then we went and got a funnel cake...YUMMY!  I love carnival and fair food and I'm certain that funnel cake is the ultimate!  I need to figure out the recipe so I can make them at home for parties.

I always giggle about the protesters at these Church events.  One man had a sign that said "Abortion is Murder"...I really wanted to walk up to him and say "WELL DUH!" but I didn't.  There were also a bunch of women with signs around their necks that had Joseph Smith's Wife #1-30 (I think, I wasn't paying that close of attention to that) and "ask me about my life".  I always wonder to myself... do these people really have nothing better to do than hate something they just don't understand.  Oh well, I am just grateful that I know the truth.

I have a couple of pictures that I took of friends and the temple while in Manti that I will post once I have them downloaded from my camera.

Until next time...



3 comments:

  1. You make me laugh, you write just like you talk and when I read it I feel like you are in the room talking to me, you are great! Hang in there with your car, same thing happened me when I was going to school in Logan and I was stranded by myself in a church parking lot off an I-15 exit for hours, I had to ask an old man to use his phone. What mess! I totally feel for you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fun! Where is the place you guys ate at? My in-laws live in Ephraim so we're going to the Pageant this weekend. I went as a little kid and love it and I want my hubby to see it so we're meeting some friends there.

    ReplyDelete
  3. We ate at Miller's Drive In in Manti...just down the street from the temple. Tiffany and Ryan went to the pageant on Tuesday and ate a turkey dinner at a nearby church. They said it was spectacular and well worth the cost.
    If you have a need for some fair/carnival food they have food booths just south of the temple grounds where you can get a variety of different things...I enjoyed a funnel cake with Strawberries...mmmm.

    Have fun! I'm sure you will love seeing it again!

    ReplyDelete